Thursday, September 18, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes.....and Mom's?!

I haven't recounted a child's conversation in a while so I figure we're due for another comical episode from the mind of Ian, my 10 year old. I feel the need to preserve this particular conversation for when he is older....

Ian: Have you ever put your tongue in Dad's mouth? (I am thinking, "where is this going" and "what have you been watching" or "who have you been talking to"?! - I did not say these out loud - just inner alarm bells!)

Mom: Why do you ask? (notice the redirect of the question :))

Ian: Well, the other day Jet (our dog) put his tongue in my mouth when I was saying "good night" to him & it was soooo gross!

Mom: (VERY relieved now) ewwwwww, that would be gross! That's why Mommy doesn't hug his face...

Ian: (laughing) Well, you should try putting your tongue in Dad's mouth & see what he does!

I just laughed with him & thought about how glad I was this conversation took an entirely different path than I was suspecting! And then I thought about finding Stuart..... :)

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I have tears rolling down my face!!!!